Long sleeve wedding dresses are a classic look that never goes out of style. The long sleeves can be a great way to cover up tattoos, birthmarks, or scars; they’re just a pretty style! If you want to wear a long sleeve wedding dress, here’s what you need to know about its pros and cons:
- Keeps you warm. If a long sleeve dress is what you’re after, it will serve the purpose of keeping your arms covered and keep you warm in the colder months.
- Looks elegant. Long sleeve wedding gowns are perfect for those who want to look elegant on their wedding day, especially if they want to wear something with sleeves without worrying about sweating or getting hot. This also goes for sleeveless dresses!
- It can be worn with a jacket/cardigan or shrug/bolero/shawl. This is another pro because there are many different ways to style this type of dress!
There are a few negative aspects of long sleeve wedding dresses:
- They can be uncomfortable. Especially if you’re prone to sweating, you won’t enjoy the sensation of having sleeves on your arms in the summer heat. The fabric will also get bunched around your shoulders and upper back, making it feel tight and restricting.
- They can be unflattering. The fabric tends to cling more than sleeveless styles, which isn’t always flattering for everyone’s body type or shape!
- They can get hot in warmer weather (but this is also true for sleeveless styles). If you’re looking to wear a long sleeve wedding dress during the spring or summer months, ensure it has plenty of ventilation and airflow. You’ll stay cool while wearing it during outdoor wedding events like ceremonies or receptions.
Long sleeve wedding dresses have a lot of pros and cons. We’ve covered a few here, but you should think about the pros and cons for yourself.
If you’re planning to wear a long sleeve wedding dress, consider:
- The concealment of tattoos under your formal attire
- If you’re going to have to constantly unbutton your sleeve during dinner so that people don’t see your tattoo (or if they will see it).
If you want to wear a short sleeve wedding dress, think about these things:
- Are there any tattoos on your arms? If so, what do they look like? Could they potentially show through the fabric of the short sleeve gown? What if someone else sees them under their formal attire?
Think about the pros and cons of long sleeve wedding dresses.
Now that you’ve looked at the different styles of long sleeve wedding dresses, it’s time to think about how they will be worn. Consider a short-sleeve option if you’re looking for something that will keep your arms covered but won’t cause any extra heat or sweating. This is perfect for those who want to show off some skin but don’t necessarily want to go sleeveless. However, if you choose to go sleeveless, keep in mind that this may be more revealing than other types of dresses and could potentially draw attention away from your face—this can sometimes be good or bad depending on the look you’re going for!