You’re getting everything prepared for your big day and it’s finally time to find that perfect wedding dress. Where do you start? Here are some great tips to getting the most out of your bridal appointment.
1. Know your timeline. You want to be seriously shopping for a wedding gown a year to eight months before your wedding date. A wedding gown can take anywhere from five to six months to arrive after it has been ordered. You also want to allow for two months for the seamstress to fit you in her calendar as well as do your alterations. Plus, extra time allows space in case there are any unforeseen issues with your dresses. The last thing you want is a time crunch when it comes to your wedding dress.
2. Set your budget and stick to it. The budget should always include not only the gown, but also your shoes, accessories, and alterations. Think about what jewelry you’d like to wear and if you’re going to be picking up a veil, hat or headpiece. You’ll also want to think about any special undergarments depending on what the dress hides or shows off. Let your consultant know what your budget is and don’t even look at dresses that are over and above. You don’t want to fall in love with something that you can’t afford, and there’s nothing like going over budget to add stress.
3. Speaking of undergarments, remember that the ones you wear to your bridal appointment are likely to be viewed by not only your consultant but also potentially by helpful family and friends. You might want to opt for something a bit on the nicer side and keep those “Friday night lounge panties” for another time. If you think you’ll end up trying on sleeveless gowns, try a strapless bra.
4. Consider who you’re taking to the appointment carefully and limit your list. One to three people is the often recommended number by consultants, as it gives the bride to be access to advise without being overwhelming. Also, consider that you’ll want to bring people who will give you their honest opinions without being rude or overbearing. Your bridal appointment doesn’t necessarily have to include those standing with you during the ceremony and in fact, this can be a great way to include others who aren’t playing a big role.
5. Be confident and enjoy yourself! This is your time to shine and be in the spotlight so take advantage of it and have fun. You can make a day of it and enjoy lunch or some drinks after you’ve picked the dress of your dreams. Laugh, keep an open mind and try on some spectacular dresses that you’re not sure about just for the fun of it.
Follow these steps and your bridal appointment is sure to be a great success!
All credit goes to Bella Mia Bridal